Today was our 8 hours of fun at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. First off, the surroundings are absolutely beautiful. Snow capped mountains, beautiful cottages & ski slopes. I put together a list of what we learned:
- Park in the $20 lot 1 block from Main St. Why walk 2 miles to save a buck? Time is important.
- Head to the ticket office first or if at all possible buy tickets online before you arrive. (NOTE: After 8 p.m they release extra tickets to the next days sold out shows.)
- Watch Amereeka! It was fantastic
- Give yourself lots of time between movies. It’s only 2.5 miles to the Raquet Club from Downtown but that is a 45-60 min bus ride!
- Arrive early to get good seats. I’d say 30 minutes is a good mark.
- Interact with the cast and crew after the shows. It makes the story that much more memorable and interesting.
- Eat early or at weird times to beat the crowds.
- Bring or buy a bottle for water. There are no plastic bottles of water available in an effort to reduce the Sundance carbon footprint.
- Have business cards to connect with people, especially with blog and twitter info. There are so many awesome people that you’ll want to stay in touch with later.